Even though Opus is now standardized by the IETF, this Opus implementation will keep improving in the future. Of course, all future versions will still be fully compliant with the Opus IETF specification. See the development page for the latest development information.
Development binary buildsIn addition to support in Firefox, Mozilla provides binary builds of Opus utilities.
|Mac OS X||opus-tools-0.1.9-macos.tar.gz||399KiB|
|Opus-tools provides command-line utilities to encode, inspect, and decode .opus files.|
|Opusfile provides application developers with a high-level API for decoding and seeking in .opus files. DLLs for the required libraries libogg 1.3.2, libopus 1.1 and openssl, are also included in the binary package.|
Latest stable release
Opus 1.1 includes:
- new analysis code and tuning that significantly improves encoding quality, especially for variable-bitrate (VBR),
- automatic detection of speech or music to decide which encoding mode to use,
- surround with good quality at 128 kbps for 5.1 and usable down to 48 kbps, and
- speed improvements on all architectures, especially ARM, where decoding uses around 40% less CPU and encoding uses around 30% less CPU.
- Source code: opus-1.1.tar.gz
Opus 1.0.3 includes a backport of the new 1.1 surround API. Aside from that, it includes fixes for a few minor glitches during mode switching, some minor fixed-point fixes, and fixes a regression in the FEC code introduced in 1.0.2.
- Source code: opus-1.0.3.tar.gz
Latest development releases
This is a beta release for the upcoming 1.1.1 version. Compared to 1.1, it mostly includes optimizations for x86, MIPS and ARM.
- Source code: opus-1.1.1-beta.tar.gz
This release adds support for 32-bit floating point WAV output and fixes a number of minor issues.
- Source code: opus-tools-0.1.9.tar.gz
The opusfile library provides seeking, decode, and playback of Opus streams in the Ogg container (.opus files) including over http(s) on posix and windows systems.
Changes since the v0.5 release:
- Fix bugs with comment handling
- Fix build for BSD
- Fix bugs handling invalid and non-opus streams
Some of these bugs kept basic functionality of the APIs from working at all, so we recommend all users upgrade.